Happy Wednesday! Today Lisa is here to share with us how to make a flower tea, using edible flowers, petals and leaves from her garden.
Here’s how it works:
There are no specific set of instructions on how to make flower tea, but here are some key points you need to know:
- Make sure the flowers you are using are edible. Some you can consume the entire flower, some just the petals, others just the leaves.
- Once you’ve harvested your edible flowers. Peel all the leaves and flowers off the stem.
- Lay them out onto a drying rack (we are using today an electrical dehydrator)
- Turn on the dehydrator, for an hour or two, making sure you are checking up on it every couple of minutes.
- You will know they are done when they have shrunk to be some, yet colorful crisps.
- Once they have cooled down, place your new flower tea in an air-tight jar to keep the dried petals crisp and fresh!
Today Lisa is wearing some of her favorite pearlescent pieces from our Urban collection. She has styled together the Alvina Hoop Earrings with a stack of pearl bracelets, similar to our Twyla and Citron Cuff Bracelets that are available now online and in our stores.
Watch the full Wine Wednesday below!
Is there any Wine Wednesday content you want to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!