Our friends at Mestiza sat down with Sorrelli CEO and future bride, Lily Oswald. Talking about her life at Sorrelli and how COVID-19 has like many brides decided to delay the celebration of her union with her fiancé.
- Tell us who you are: My name is Lily Oswald, I live in NYC with my fiance Matt. I run a premium fashion jewelry brand called Sorrelli that my parents started almost 40 years ago. I’m a newly minted puppy parent to our black lab mix, June.
- When did you get engaged? We got engaged in Oct 2018 at Blue Hill Stone Barns
- Location of wedding? We are planning to be married in a 17th century stone barn at my family’s farm in Kutztown, PA
Did you have to move your wedding date? If so, when is the new date and please share any thought processes behind moving it if you wish..
- Yes, we sent a save the date for June 2020 just a few months before COVID-19 really took hold.
- We actually shifted all of our vendors to a new date in August, but are now hearing that events of 25+ might not be possible in our location this summer
- We’re now thinking we may need to postpone to 2021
What are some of your sources of inspiration when planning your wedding? (i.e. Is it inspired by a person, place, object? Please share some inspiration photos!)
- We actually had a joint bachelor/bachelorette planned in Tuscany for the month before our wedding, the vibe of ancient Tuscan villas, with their exposed wood and stone walls, eating big bowls of homemade pasta al fresco under twinkling lights felt like the vibe we were trying to create in Pennsylvania
- Inspo images attached (obvi in powerpoint, lol!!!!)
Who are some of your favorite vendors you’ve come across when planning for your wedding?
- We’ve loved working with Rachael at Just Breathe Events (@justbreatheeventsco), she’s had to do her typical job and then some given all the COVID-19 changes to our wedding, we are so so grateful to have her as our planner, highly recommend!
- I’m also so excited to work with our photographer, Sarah (@sarah.dicicco), we started shooting Sorrelli lifestyle shoots together over 10 years ago, and I couldn’t imagine anyone else photographing our wedding!
- I am so impressed with the designs we found from Papira (@papiradesigns), our invite company, they make gorgeous handmade papers and have the most beautiful invitation designs. Alexandra has been a pleasure to work with there.
What draws you to Mestiza New York?
- I love Alessandra and Louisa, so that’s a start!
- Alessandra’s designs are effortless and chic, when I wear my black tassel top I feel like the coolest girl in the room, with jeans, a pair of black heels, and some Sorrelli accessories, it’s the easiest put-together outfit I have in my closet
What are your favorite Mestiza Products for brides, wedding guests and bridesmaids?
- I own the Cleo ball gown and love it, I also need to get the tassel tank in white for bridal festivities!
- The Georgina in white would be an epic wedding dress
- I’ve been thinking about the Pericon Midi or Stephanie Bow dress for our rehearsal dinner
- I also think the Liza Crepe jumpsuit would be a great bride-to-be outfit, maybe for a bridal shower or some bachelorette activities!
What Sorrelli pieces are you planning on wearing for your big day? / what pieces from your collection do you recommend to brides?
- Of course I have 2 dresses, so I’m planning to wear this bridal hairpiece and a small stud like these or small drops like these for the ceremony
- For the reception, I’m actually making a Sorrelli custom crystal embellishment (think a necklace that will be sewn to the straps and drape down the back) for my reception dress. This idea was actually conceived over drinks with Alessandra in NYC, she was the brains behind the design!! I’m so excited about it and plan to wear glam statement earrings like these or these with the embellished slip dress for the reception